Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Big Week Ahead

Hi All,

Well its Irish International week and im home in Ireland now getting ready for the tournament. I had such an exciting weekend where we won a crucial top of the table match against our nearest rivals Triton. We were 5-0 down and came back to win the match 7-6 with Anders Boesen and I clinching the final men's double in two sets for victory. The celebrations when we won were amazing and there was about 200 people there to cheer us on. It was one of those great badminton moments...
Im heading up to Lisburn tomorrow to train for 2 days in preparation for my first round match against a tricky Australian opponent. His WR is 91 so i really have to knuckle down and get focused for this match. The event has a top class field this year and im seeded number 4 with Richard Vaughan being the top seed.
I will keep you all posted on progress throughout the tournament and hopefully I can get a good run and hey..... wouldnt it be great to win. I would so dearly love to win my first EBU event here in Ireland.
Finally well done to Chloe and Karen on their Welsh Open success.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very best of luck to you in Lisburn, Scott. Looking forward to see you play....From Cian, Ailbhe and Chris in Dublin

Muhammad Arshad said...

Good luck Scott.Stop asian players
domination in badminton.




from
md arshad
malaysia