Friday, December 7, 2007

Day 1 Report

Hi All,

I had a very good day today at the Irish international. First up today at 2 o clock was Jeff Tho from Australia. I had never played him before today.. but i had watched him a few times so i new what his game was like!! I had a good plan going into the match today, i also felt very good and i new i was ready for the game. I started off very well... i took a big lead in the first set... he started to come back a little bit but i got into my flow and took the first set 21 14. the 2nd set was better for me... i started to move alot better and started to mix my shots from the back of the court alot more and i think that helped alot... I took a big lead again in the 2nd but this time i didnt let him back into the game... i controlled the set the whole time and took it 21 12. I was very happy with the win... its always good to get the 1st game over with. Next up was Kasper Ipsen from Denmark. I played him a while ago in the 2nd round of the Portuguese open... I know his game so i new before i went in to play what i had to do and what i had to watch out for. I started off very well... leading 11 2.... I was in total control of the game!! I felt very comfortable and was having alot of fun... i then got to 20 12 and i started to lose my focus a little bit. he brought it back to 21 17 and then i got the last point to win the 1st set 21 17. the 2nd set was a bit closer... we were level for the 1st couple of points... I went into the break leading 11 8. playing well... I wasnt making many mistakes and i was taking my chance when it was there. We had some very long rallies in the middle of the 2nd set... we had 1 huge ralley which i lost... but after that he seemed like he had nothing left... he then made 4 mistakes in a row and i took the game 21 15. Very happy with the win against Ipsen... I feel confident going into tomorrow's match when i will meet Christian Lind Thompson from Denmark. I have played him once before in the semi final of Miami open 3yrs ago... i lost that match 22 20 22 20... but tomorrow will be a different story... i will update how i get on


Scott

No comments: