Wednesday, August 6, 2014

2nd round win here in Brazil

Hey,

Good news from Brazil. I won this morning 11-4 11-5 11-5 against a Canadian guy. I saw him play while i was in Canada and he had a good tournament there so this could have been a bit tricky this morning but i was ready from 0-0 which is of course very important with this scoring system. I played very well and was in control for the 3 sets even after having a crazy morning getting to the hall.



The bus was due to pick me up this morning at 7 o clock and after waiting 45mins and still no sign i decided to get a taxi. The journey has been around 1 hour from our hotel to the hall so even at 745 this morning i had good time (i thought). I ended up arriving in the hall at 940 when my match was at 1030. Lucky i left early as the taxi driver got lost about 14 times.

Not to worry :-) i handled the situation well and was able to focus on my game.

Next up tomorrow is a guy from USA. Never played him before but i am sure it will be a good match.

Scott


No comments: