Friday, November 23, 2007

Last Nights Win

Hi all,

Well I'm here in my hotel just reflecting on my game last night. As most of will know by now I won in two straight sets. 21-10 22-20. Its always good to win the first round match and get it out of the way. I had a really good opening set with few mistakes. Lauge had me well focused before the game so I was really ready. My tactics were really spot on for that first set!!!
I went out a bit to relaxed for the second set and he (Ridder) started to impose his flat doubles style of game on me. At the break in the second he was leading 11-6. After speaking with Lauge at the interval I got back into the zone and got the game back to 13-13 very quickly. It was nip and tuck up to 17-17 and then he won a few points and went 20-17 ahead. I won the next three points and got it back to 20-20. I just told myself to focus and just win the next two points which i did and took the set 22-20 and the overall match. I am over the moon with that win.
So its the second round today and I face Anand Pawer from India. We have played each other twice this year and its one win each. He beat me in 1st round of Bitburger open and i returned the complement in the Danish Super Series. I'm just going to go out and enjoy this match and and in preparation I will just relax in the hotel and head off to the venue about 1.30pm to go through my warm up routine.

Bring it on!!!

Scott

No comments: