Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Break and US Open next for me

Hi All,

Im back home now after a pretty poor performance in the Dutch International. But im not particularly concerned. What Im focused on now is the Olympics and my preperations for that. Firstly Im going to take a well earned proper holiday. Believe it or not I have not had one for over four years. So im planning a week in the sun and im even going to leave my badminton rackets behind me. For past four years everywhere I have gone they have gone with me as sort of an extended limb.
After that my next probable tournaments will be the US open in July. I was thinking of going on the Asian loop around then to but I think I will skip that and concentrate wholy on US open and then the big one in August. I performed well on the Asian and US loop last year and gained valuable world ranking points and to keep those points you have to go back the following year to defend them. Its a wierd sort of system but its designed to get players to return to events year after year. If I dont go to Asia I will loose all the points I gained last year which will result in a drop in world ranking but I not overly concerned about that. My priority now is the Olympics in August.
Other than that I started Danish lessons last week to so I have to do some study and try and get on with that. You ever heard Danish in a Dublin accent..... Its funny!!!! Also best of luck to my good friend HK Vittinghus in today's Dutch open final. Go get em Fittinghus!!!!!

All the best

Scott

No comments: