Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Good European Start

I’m just back after winning my opening game in the first round of the European Championships. I won in two sets 21-6 21-16. The first set was very uneventful. I went 8-0 up and never really looked back from there. At 8-1 I put together another streak of 5 points without reply. At 18-6 I again I put together a three point run to win the set.
The second set was a bit tighter and we were level at 5-5. I opened up a 14-8 lead and just lost a bit of concentration and let my opponent back into the game as he closed the gap to 14-13. I re focused and ended up pulling away again to win 21-16.

All in all it was a comfortable win and I was always in control I enjoyed the match. It is always good to get the opening match out of the way in any tournament. Tomorrow I play Sven Eric Kastens of Germany. He is ranked 126 in the world but I have never played him before. I’m really looking forward to the challenge as it’s always interesting to play new players.

That’s it for now. I’m off now to get some food and relax for the evening. I will pop in to say hello tomorrow and report on my game.

All the best
Scott