Monday, April 14, 2008

Euro Update







Hello Everyone,

Well the opening round robin stage of the Europeans is over and unfortunately we did not make it through our tough group. We were beaten by The Netherlands, Sweden and Ukraine on Saturday and Sunday. This now means we go into the pot today against Finland, Iceland and Estonia in the playoff for 13 to 16 place.
There were some good performances by our young team and personally I feel my own game has improved and I’m pretty happy the way my own matches went in the round robin stages. The opening match against The Netherlands was always going to be a big ask for or you team and I played Dicky Palyama the world number 36 and lost out in three close sets. In our second game against Sweden I beat Magnus Sahlberg in my singles and had an added bonus when I won my men’s doubles with Sam Magee. In our third group game against Ukraine I had probably my most convincing win over Vladislav Druzchenko who has been performing well on the European Tour this year. I beat him in two straight sets 21-16 21-19.

Next for me now is the singles event which starts on Tuesday. Here’s hoping I take some of this form through to the individual event where I’m seeded to get through to the quarter finals. Many thanks to badmintonphoto.com for the photos above.

All the Best

Scott

No comments: