Monday, April 21, 2008

Dutch International Next

Hi All,

After a good week in Denmark with the Irish team and in the individual event I have decided to head down the road to Holland to play in the Victor Dutch International.
I am seeded number 4 at the event behind the two Dutch home favourites Dicky Palayma and Eric Pang with Bjoern Joppien at number 3.

My draw, like in the Europeans, has been favourable. In the opening round I face Koen Ridder another local Dutch player. He is ranked number 155 in the world but is sure to have the home fans behind him. I played him in the first round of the Scottish International in November 2007 and beat him 21-11 22-20. I will be well aware of his threat as I know his game in some ways and I hope to go and bring my European form and do the job.
If I win that game I will play either Rune Massing, another Dutch player or a qualifier. In my side of the draw I have Sven Eric Kastens of Germany who I beat in Herning last week and Erwin Kehlhoffner of France who got to the quarters in Herning in the men’s singles and the semi final of the men’s doubles. He is most likely to be my main contender for a semi final spot.
That’s all for now folks. I will drop in over the course of the tournament to let you know how it’s going. In the meantime spread the word and let people know that Irish badminton is on the up and don’t forget to drop back in to my site and blog to keep an eye on my progress on the run up to the Olympics.

All the best

Scott

No comments: