Thursday, April 3, 2008

Euro Draw

Hi All,

I have just received details of the draw for the Men’s singles for next weeks Europeans. I have got a very favourable draw where I play Blagovest Kisyov of Bulgaria in the first round. He is currently ranked 241 in the world.
If I come through that I will play the winner of Sven Eric Kastens of Germany (WR 125) and Koen Ridder (WR 151) of The Netherlands. I have Beaten Ridder on a few occasions and know his game. He is predominantly a men’s doubles player so I’m confident I can combat his style if it came to that. If I did make the ¼ finals I would most likely play Andrew Smith from England. Although he is ranked above me in the world rankings he has been on a bad run of form so again I have nothing to fear if I ended up playing him.
Obviously I’m not looking beyond my first game but I feel in really great form now so I’m looking forward to getting onto that court and doing a job for myself, my family and Ireland. I can’t wait. I have never been fitter and I feel I can now stay the pace in a close game.

That’s all for now folks. Keep visiting and thanks for your support.

Scott

No comments: