Monday, January 14, 2008

Arrived Safe and Sound but..............


Hi All,


Well I arrived safe and sound in KL this afternoon at 3.30pm but unfortunately my bag didn't take the flight as it was left behind in Copenhagen. The Airport staff have assured me that I will have it tomorrow which is not so bad. At least my equipment bag traveled with me so I can get on with the job at hand. I might smell awful for a day or so but I thankfully I will be able to play badminton. The flight was excellent and I even managed to get a decent sleep en route which is highly unusual for me.

Im staying at the fabulous Mines Resort Hotel which is the tournament hotel. It is amazing with every facility and extra you can think off. Lets hope now I can play well and get a few games under my belt so I can enjoy the hotel for a few days.

There has been a bit of a mix up with practise time this evening as the Hall closes at 7pm and my practise time was never booked. Again not ideal but nothing I can do about that now. My game tomorrow is not until 4pm so I will get to hall early for a good warm up and practise. Its important to get the feel of the hall before a game to gauge wind conditions etc. You would be surprised how much the breeze in a hall effects the shuttle.

I have just heard that Jan Frohlich and Richard Vaughan have not travelled and both were in my side of draw which is going to make things interesting to say the least. I assume that there will be a few Malaysian reserves called upon to fill the gaps.


Ok guys.........thats it for now....


Talk Later


Scott