Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Now I Know Why Im Not a Professional Cyclist

Hi Guys,

Well after a good nights sleep I was up at 8.45am this morning for training at 10am. I got a phone call from my coach Lauge to say he could not find his car keys. He had been looking for 20 minutes and could not find them. He told me to start warming up. 15 minutes later he walked in and he didn't look to happy at all.
We started off with 1 hour of technique... working at the net and from mid court forward. After that hour we went to the gym for a bike session. It has been a while since we did a bike session together so I was looking forward to that. Lauge hopped on the bike beside me and typical of him he started shouting at me to motivate me and keep me going. I had to keep my heart rate between 150 and 160 beats per minute for the long intervals and for the flat out periods I had to get it up to over 180bpm!!!! The flat out periods were 1 min each and i basically had to go 100% flat out. I had Lauge beside me the whole time shouting stuff at me that I cannot repeat here but suffice it to say it got me pumped!! For the last minute Lauge hopped off his bike and stood right in front of me shouting all sorts at me. There was one old guy in the gym with us and he must have thought we were freaks. The last minute was horrible and my heart rate got up 10 191bpm. At last it ended and all I could do was lie down for min before I even commenced my cool down. I didn't get very far on my cool down and ended up rushing outside to part with my breakfast in the most undignified manner........ The less said the better eh!!
I back home now resting and thank god I have rest of the day off before another very tough session tomorrow.

Bring it on............

All the best

Scott

No comments: