Friday, January 11, 2008

The countdown begins

Hi all,

I had a brilliant training session last night at the club. We just played some games as we have a match on tomorrow. The games we play in the club are very important...the coaches are always looking and taking note of the results so its important that i am playing well and giving it 100% all the time. First up was a doubles :) I always like the odd game of doubles!! I had a good game with 3 of the lads from the club.
Next up was a game of singles against the number 5 in the club. I have played him alot of times so i know how he is playing so it was a handy game for me to win, but saying that i stil had to go out and play well.
My last game was against the legend himself Mr Anders Boesen :) and it was on court 5 in Gentofte which is a famous court for many people who know the history of the club!!! We have had some very good games on court 5 in the last year...I am still yet to beat him but have been very very close quite a few times!! So every time I go out to play I always try to get the first game under my belt. I think once I win the 1st time i will start to win more and more!!! Last night was no different to any other game...I went out from the start 110% getting a decent lead of 11 5. As usual Boesen crawls his way back into the game and bring its to 14 14. We had some unbelievable rallies...both of us being on the floor many times and up again and back down again!!! I will have to take a picture of my leg just to prove that diving really isn't a good idea!! Anyway we were neck and neck to 18 18 and I had a chance to lead 20 18 but hit 2 mid-court smashes in the net and Boesen led 20 18. We had a huge ralley at 20 18 and i won to make it 20 19. I could see Boesen was pretty tired...i just needed 1 point!! my heart rate was in the 170's so i new i had more left in me... but what did i do? FLICK SERVE OUT :( i could see he was moving forward before i served so i flicked and it went inches out... NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!! anyway that was that and went home after that and straight to bed.
Lauge and I decided that we would train at 12 today just for 1hr so we could both sleep a bit more and not do too much as I have a match for the club tomorrow!! I am playing the number 1 guy from Norway Steiner Clause. I have played him many times as we use to train together at the IBA(International Badminton Academy) now i have changed coach and he has moved back to Norway!!! So thats my plan for Saturday. Sunday Lauge and I will leave for Malaysia. Our first flight is at 1730 to Frankfurt and then we fly from there to KL. We arrive 1530 in KL on Monday and I will play my first match on Tuesday mid-day as i have a bye in the first round!!! Most likely we will go directly from the airport to the hotel and get our rooms and maybe rest for 1 hour. Then we will go to the hall to have a hit for 1 hour just to get some exercise and also get use to the hall. Its not good prep for this tournament but this team match is important so we had to stay!!! I dont think I will have a problem with playing on Tuesday though. Flying doesn't really bother me at all so a good nights sleep on Monday night and i will be ready for my games on Tuesday :)
I am really looking forward to getting out there and playing. It feels likes a long time since i had a tournament!!! Its also really good that Lauge is coming with me... I think we will have a good trip away and hopefully the results will go my way!!!

Keep checking the site as i will update with all my news as much as I possibly can

Scott

1 comment:

HK said...

Good luck tomorrow and in Malaysia, hope you do well. You better be ready for tomorrow as I will be there watching you play!

All the best,
The "journo" :-)