Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Malaysian Disaster




Hi all,


Well as you all probably know by now I had a very disappointing defeat in Malaysia today. I was beaten 21-14 21-14 and to say im angry with myself would be an understatement. It just did not happen for me today at all. I was just not myself and my head was not there. I was lethargic and slow and I was beaten fair and square.

There are no excuses to be made for a poor performance like that but arriving yesterday has left me really really tired today. I got up this morning and felt fine but come midday I was shattered and I just had to sleep. I only slept for 45mins and woke up absolutely wrecked. I thought that I could handle the flight and play a Super Series match all within 24 hours but I clearly could not. Lauge was furious with me after the game but we sat down then and talked it through and we vowed never to let that happen again. I need to prepare better and be in top shape mentally for such important tournaments. Neither of us can handle going through a match like that again. That is not what we are about.

On the upshot badminton photo got some nice shots of me as you can see above and I will put them up in the gallery on the main site in due course. These shots will serve to remind me of a bad day at the office and I will refer to them again in the future I know.

What do I take from this then............ Well I always try and take the positives. I know now that to travel half way around the world the day before a Super Series event is not the ideal preparation. I know that I need to put in a really hard weeks work now in preparation for Korea and use this poor performance as a stepping stone. I need to acclimatise better and do my coach, myself and you guys at home justice and prepare better. I have learned and the mistakes I made this trip I will not make again.

I'm going to sort out training facilities now for the rest of the week and I'm going to work my socks off to be ready for Korea next week.


Rant over. Thanks and talk soon


Scott.

1 comment:

Baili Min said...

I'm sorry to hear that.
Cheer up and have a better performance in Korea!