Friday, January 4, 2008

Its A New Year

Hi All,

Well Im back in Denmark now after taking a well earned rest over the Christmas period. While I was home I continued training and working on my fitness in order to keep in shape for the upcoming Malaysian and Korean super series events.
While I was home I took part in the Xmas Xhibition at Whitehall Road and had great fun and even got to play Santa. Thanks so much to all the 300 spectators who attended and made it a great fun for us who were playing.
I got back to Denmark last night but only just after sitting on the tarmac in Dublin for 2 hours before taking off due to some air traffic problems around Copenhagen. I was longer on the tarmac than I was in the air.
I now have 11 days to prepare for my Super Series exploits and a game for my club Gentofte on the 12th Jan will set me up nicely for those events. I fly out with Lauge my coach on the 13th and play in the qualifiers of the Malaysian SS on 15th. I have a bye in the opening qualifying round and then play the winner of the Abian (WR 48) ,who I beat in our last meeting, and Hsien (WR 53) in the second round of qualifying. The draw has been kind to me and I am confident of making it through but I will have to perform to the best of my ability as these players are class players in their own right. Should i get to the final of qualifying I will most probably meet Richard Vaughan from Wales as he is the highest seed in my half. The reward for making it to the 1st round proper on the 16th is a game against world number 5 Peter Gade........ Wouldn't that be just perfect.
I cant wait now and I completely focused on going out there and playing to the best of my ability. Having my coach with me is a massive boost so I look forward to some good tournaments. I look forward to keeping in touch with you all while I'm on tour so check the forum and chat pages on my main website www.scottevansirl.com when you have a minute.

All the best for 2008

Scott

1 comment:

Muhammad Arshad said...

Good luck Scott.Hope u do well in
Malaysia.





md arshad
Kuala Terengganu
Malaysia